Ever wondering how my location independent summer in Canada looks like?
I've signed up for a workaway project again.
Do you know workaway?
I basically traveled around Australia in 2014 with workaway, always stopping for projects to volunteer and help a few hours per day, in exchange for free accommodation and food.
When I was still a backpacker without own online business, this was a life saver for me. I lived for free in luxury resorts on the Whitsunday Islands, farms, family homes, and animal parks.
Currently I'm on my second round-the-world trip (how exciting!), this time fully location independent.
So...why do I still use workaway?
1. I love to live with locals instead of hotels
2. I love to take part in all kind of different projects around the world. Top score for "variety".
3. I don't spend a single cent, so it doesn't really matter how much money I make in my business.
So I decided to spend my summer in Canada at a Whitewater Rafting Resort in British Columbia.
To reconnect with nature, to try rafting, and to take some time off from the huzz and buzz of big city life.
Here's how a typical day in my current project and life looks like:
7:00 I wake up in our tent. It's freezing in the mornings.
7:15 I'm sitting on my little patio with my journal and go
through my Mindset routine for the morning.
8:00 Breakfast and dishes - after each meal all volunteers
chip in for dishes.
9:00 Online biz work session:
- I follow up my clients and summarize our last coaching sessions and all homework and on-going tasks.
- I check emails, Facebook messages, new posts and comments in my group and get back to everyone.
- Content creation: I finish two Workbooks for my upcoming Group Coaching.
- I hire a copywriter for my new Sales Page and work on my first draft to send it to her.
10:00 Workaway Shift:
I work in the kitchen and help preparing lunch for 61 guests and 28 staff members.
I work 5 hours for 5 days each week, in exchange for accommodation, all meals and one whitewater rafting trip each week.
13:00 Lunch time and dishes
15:00 I finish my Workaway Shift for today
15:00-16:00 Time to unwind.
After finishing my shift I head into the forest.
I swing on the nature swing for 20 minutes to calm my brain.
Afterwards I go for a 30 minutes hike and spend another 10 minutes sitting at the river.
Do you know the kids movie "Ronia, the Robber's Daughter"?
She is my childhood idol and she lives in a dreamy forest full of adventures.
Well, I literally feel like I live within this exact forest right now. It's magic!
16:00 Online biz work session:
- Drafting a new blog post (this one).
- Getting back to client and non-client requests.
- Working on my new Group Coaching.
- Posting on Social Media (Visbility).
18:00 Having a shower, enjoying the view, cleaning up my tent, laundry.
19:00 Dinner time and dishes
20:15 Evening Mindset Journaling
20:45 Yoga class (one day, yes ONE day I will really get into yoga...)
22:00 Lights Off
...which means the sun went down.
No electricity means not much more to do and we go to sleep.
The river is the last sound I hear in the evenings and the first thing I notice in the mornings.
Check out www.workaway.com to find projects all around the globe.